Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing - Gym-Based Exercise
Candidates must be 16 years old or over. There are no other entry requirements; however, it is recommended that you have some experience of exercising within the Gym environment, using Free Weights and Cardiovascular Machines.
This course is suitable for those who wish to become a Gym Instructor in a private health club, leisure centre, or gain the first step on their career ladder towards becoming a Personal Trainer.
- Anatomy and physiology including:
- the heart and circulatory system
- the respiratory system
- structure and function of the skeleton
- musculoskeletal system
- postural and core stability
- the nervous and energy systems and their relation to exercise
- How to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments, including the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
- How to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating
- How to communicate with clients effectively, and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
- The skills and knowledge required to plan and prepare a gym-based exercise programme with apparently healthy adults - both individuals and groups. This may include young people in the 14-16 age range, provided they are part of a larger adult group. Client groups also covered are older adults, ante and postnatal clients and disabled clients provided the relevant contraindications and key safety guidelines are observed
home study and pre-course tasks required
NEW! - Elearning Gym Instructor Course - contact bpm active for full details
- Tutors have extensive experience and are actively working in the Health and Fitness industry.
- Students are encouraged to dedicate time to their learning, prior to and during their studies.
- For the practical assessment students are required to bring a 'body' on their practical assessment date.
- Multiple choice theory paper
- Practical examination
Register of Exercise Professionals
- Allows learners entry to REPs at Level 2
- REPs CPD points: 20
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
Course Dates & Times
New Elearning Gym Instructor Course!
Contact bpm active for more details now! 07732427882, email@example.com
Saturday & Sunday 29th & 30th June and Saturday & Sunday 6th & 7th July 2013
Saturday 7th, Sunday 8th and Saturday 14th, Sunday 15th September 2013
Practical Assessment Date: Sunday 15th September 2013
This course is run inconjunction with St John's Marlborough and is offered at the outstanding price of just £495 all in!* Conditions apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Saturday & Sunday 28th & 29th September and Saturday & Sunday 5th & 6th October 2013
Wiltshire - bpm active Training Studio, BSS House, Cheney Manor, Swindon, Wiltshire SN2 2PJ
Oxfordshire - Carterton Leisure Centre, Broadshires Way, Carterton, Oxon OX18 1AA
Marlborough - Marlborough Leisure Centre, Barton Dene, Marlborough, Wiltshire SN8 1PB
£30 optional Mandatory Units Elearning package
Contact email@example.com for Easy Pay Options
Download booking form and send a nonrefundable deposit of £100 made payable to bpm active to secure your place to:
bpm active Training Studio, BSS House, Cheney Manor, Swindon, Wiltshire SN2 2PJ
Credit Card payments call 0773 242 7882